Job Requisition Number: RC176266
Unit 10, Baynes Place
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 29-July-2019
Closing Date: 26-August-2019
Job Family: FXE-EU: Mgr Depot Ops-Medium
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an innovative and forward-thinking Manager Depot Operations to join our senior leadership team in Chelmsford. Supporting the Station Manager Operations with the effective and efficient running of the site, you will ensure that all operational team members are focused on providing a high quality, cost effective service to our customers.
As a proven leader, you will also motivate and inspire your team through an extensive period of change and transformation whilst ensuring that service levels and performance against Depot KPI’s are not compromised. Therefore, it is critical that you are self-motivated and impactful with a pragmatic, target driven approach.
Key duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure that the company service levels are achieved at all times. Act quickly and positively to address and resolve customer problems.
- Manage the efficient day to day processing and delivery of freight through the effective management of depot, driver and traffic office teams.
- Ensure risk is effectively managed through compliance with all company policies including Health and Safety as well as operating within legal and regulatory requirements such as the Working Time Directive, Road Traffic Acts and vehicle safety. Take immediate and appropriate action when required.
- Control costs in line with Depot Targets. Take appropriate action to control cost where required.
- Monitor and reviews operational performance and address any issues.
- Close management of sub-contractors to ensure an effective and efficient service is provided in line with budgeted cost.
- Undertake specific projects to make a tangible contribution to the development of future plans and strategies for the Depot.
- Support the growth of the Depot by working constructively with the sales teams to bring in and operate new business in line with service levels and budgeted costs.
- Work constructively and supportively with ‘internal customers’ at other Depots, Hubs and Contact Centres.
- Complete annual performance review with employees and able to take action where there is persistent underperformance.
- Provide regular communication and team briefings to drivers and depot staff (on all shifts) Listen to feedback to encourage the contribution of ideas and initiatives. Recognise and reward individuals for exceptional performance.
Ideally, you will have worked in a similar, fast-paced environment with proven experience of juggling multiple priorities. Flexibility and a positive approach to managing and developing a team are also key requirements of this role.
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.