Job Requisition Number: RC170968
Atherstone, United Kingdom
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 37.5
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 05-August-2019
Closing Date: 30-August-2019
Job Family: FXE-EU: Project/ Process Analyst (ID)
Role Overview – Project Manager
- Serve as Project Manager, responsible for overall project definition, management and tracking, covering the entire lifecycle, from project definition and infrastructure requirements gathering, through implementation, using a mix of Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Works with managers to ensure proper staffing, utilization, and performance of the team is tracked throughout lifecycle of project.
- Provides day-to-day initiative leadership, instrumentation, analytics and reporting consistent with the agreed upon project baseline and prepares communications for the initiative through systematic, structured communications.
- Establishes work plans in conjunction with Business and IT Infrastructure leadership, and establishes resource plans for each phase of a project. Confers with customer and project staff to ensure assignment of duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Reviews project proposals, Statements of Work and/or requests for proposal with potential vendors for goods and services within the scope of the project activities. Facilitate vendor presentations, workshops, demonstrations etc.
- Monitors progress, identifies dependencies on other projects, manages risks and issues closely through systematic review of analytics produced by PMO combined with experience base.
- Facilitates regularly scheduled project reviews and provides regular communication of project status. Ensures project milestones and stage gates are defined and met.
- Applying Project Change Management principles to control the project scope
- Ensure individual and team compliance with all policies and procedures including Sarbanes Oxley, IT and Security. Follow established governance processes and standards.
- Pro-active and self-motivated with the ability to work within a fast paced environment
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills, capable of interacting with multiple levels of IT and business management
- Successfully influences diverse groups and teams in a complex, ambiguous and rapidly changing environment to deliver value-added solutions
- Expert in advanced writing, verbal and other presentation skills.
- Able to synthesize complex topics into meaningful information and prepare materials appropriate for senior level communications.
- Previous experience in delivery of projects within IT Infrastructure, preferably utilising Prince2 or PMP methodology.
Analytical Skills;Planning & Organizing Skills;Project Management Skills;Interpersonal Skills;Accuracy & Attention to Detail;
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.