Job Requisition Number: RC176697
Via Altiero Spinelli, n.1
Peschiera Borromeo, Italy
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 39
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 12-August-2019
Closing Date: 27-August-2019
Job Family: FXE-EU: Industrial Engineer
The mission of the Hub & Auto-Station Engineering department is to champion a culture of engineering fundamentals as the foundation that will enable our facilities to operate as safely, cost effectively, and flawlessly as possible.
Building a successful partnership with operations is an essential part of the Hub and Auto-Station Engineering mission. Direct feedback from front line employees and local management is critical to continuous improvement. Hub engineering will be the on-site team that will transform the users’ feedback and business needs into a reliable set of core standards.
Through this partnership, engineering and operations will work together on improvements and innovations that will shape the future of the company.
This position will be responsible for the planning and engineering of FedEx/TNT facilities with a focus on the road hubs and auto-stations. The position will be located in Peschiera Borromeo, IT.
- To conduct sort observations and make recommendations to operations leadership on methods increasing efficiency, service, quality, and safety; actively observe all shifts each month
- To develop and update engineering/staffing plans based on forecasted package volume, volume availability, package distribution, conveyable/non-conveyable/freight/ documents processing plans, contingency plans, and historical data
- To train operations management on engineering principles, methods, and procedures (e.g., volume availability, engineering metrics, and push vs. pull throughput)
- To perform various analyses on cost reductions through the utilization of sound engineering principles resulting in productivity and quality enhancements
- To analyze package volumes and staffing in the development of a dock/yard layout and unload plan that enables the safe and efficient flow of parcels, equipment, and people through the facility
- To create detailed plans for peak season and other special holidays using available forecasts, local projections, and historical information
- To engage line haul, operations, engineering, and other stakeholders to assess load plan and recommend changes that optimize network capacity and improve volume availability
- To manage the investigation and identification of opportunities for improved processes from innovative thinking and new products and services; to manage the development of those opportunities into business cases for investment; to present these cases to senior management
- To utilize Quality Driven Management (QDM) to lead and/or participate in projects to improve service, increase quality, and reduce cost
- To implement, train, and monitor new program initiatives/rollouts and facility projects from engineering, operations, line haul, information technology, and other departments
- University degree in industrial engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years engineering experience, preferably in express, warehouse, logistics or transport industries; knowledge of FedEx/TNT operations is a plus
- Prior project management or engineering/operations management experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing processes, improving service delivery and achieving unit-cost reductions
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs
- Knowledge of automated parcel sort systems and warehouse material handling processes
- Knowledge of Kaizen & TQM continuous improvement programs and techniques, such as Lean and Six Sigma; Black Belt certification is a plus
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Working knowledge of technical drawing software, preferably AutoCAD
- Experience with program / project management of complex large-scale projects
- Fluent in English and Italian (written, verbal and presentation)
- Experience in multicultural and cross-functional environments
- A flexible approach to work, including the ability to work independently, work different shifts, and travel to other sites
Analytical Skills;Accuracy & Attention to Detail;Planning & Organizing Skills;Influencing & Persuasion Skills;Presentation Skills,
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.