Job Title: Intern Legal Memphis, TN
Job Requisition Number: RC188170
Memphis, Tennessee 38120
Under the direct supervision of a practicing Attorney, performs a wide variety of tasks such as preparing legal documents, drafting legal memoranda, conducting legal analysis, and researching case and statutory law in preparation for assisting Attorneys. Review and interpret legal documents.
Essential duties / responsibilities
- Prepares legal drafts by assembling and organizing information for legal forms and documents.
- Researches law by studying laws, statutes, constitutions, regulations, court opinions, including precedents, reasoning and trends using standard print texts and computers; prepares legal memoranda.
- Contributes to assigned projects.
- Enhances expertise by participating in consulting legal educational opportunities, reading legal publications, and maintaining professional networks.
Current rising third-year law student with a 3.0 GPA or better. Willingness to conduct extensive research, both electronically and otherwise. Must be able to work a flexible schedule and have a commitment to attendance. Excellent communication and document management skills. Strong aptitude for details. Good analytical and logic skills. Proactive follow-up on outstanding matters. Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.