Job Title: Billing Supervisor - Second Shift
Job Requisition Number: RC175352
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
17210 S Main St
Gardena, California 90248
Posting Date: 2019-09-05
Job Posting End Date: 2019-09-18
To plan, organize and control the input, movement, process/sort, and output of the operations to ensure a high level of service and quality at a minimal cost.
- Responsible for selecting, training, and developing a staff of 1 to 18 direct reports.
- Conducts meetings to provide employees with daily information regarding division/operation; applies consistent administration of disciplinary procedures.
- Schedules workload according to volume, implements and ensures adherence of internal processes, procedures and policies
- Reviews all reports that pertain to billing ex: Billing Timeliness, File Verify and PNB, BNP
- Accomplishes billing objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching and evaluating staff while applying HR policies and procedures
- Assists Sales in determining client concerns and requirements
- Meets billing operational standards by identifying billing system improvements and monitoring expenditures
- Maintains accurately all required reports/paperwork, payroll, performance reviews, mbo, and personal record statistics through established paperwork guidelines.
- Oversees safety methods and programs are implemented and maintained. Instructs employees with/on methods to instill a service-conscious attitude, and minimize service failures.
- Ensures cost effectiveness of operations through established control of equipment, utilities and supplies. Maintains contact with customers (internal and external) with regard to conditions affecting the service level of area served.
- Oversees movement and activities of all related products to ensure maximum efficiency.
- This position requires strong basic management, human relations and communications skills.
- Minimum 2-year associate's or college degree preferred/equivalent in business and/or minimum 5 years business experience in the appropriate product field/industry.
- Minimum 1 year in a leadership role. License or certification in appropriate product field preferred: chb-individual customs broker's license transportation-imdg certification and/or ocean forwarders certification
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.