Job Title: Technical Advisor
Job Requisition Number: RC186349
Primary Job Posting Location:
Unit No. 7-03, 7th FL, SLN Terminal
Category: Information Technology
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Type: Regular
Posting Date: 2019-09-10
Job Posting End Date: 2019-10-30
Job Family: FTN: Information Technology Professional
Candidate provides leadership and initiative in a team environment. Ensures application of systems thinking principles allowing team members to independently design, code, test, and deploy software. Provide the necessary documentation to support the software Development Life Cycle. Develop prototypes and solutions leveraging a diverse range of technology. Apply modern principles, methodologies, tools, and systemic processes to support the launch new launch new business capabilities. Lead the resolution of complex problems. Mentor development of those in less senior positions.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Encode, test, debug and document associated, complex software/programs.
- Review, analyze, troubleshoot, and modify complex core and customized software.
- Respond to complex, escalated customer inquiries/requests for technical/operational support.
- Resolve complex technical matters to meet customer service level agreements.
- Analyze and/or implement corrective action for root cause analysis/fixes or corrective action of defects.
- Follow documented Software Development Life-Cycle standards.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor or specialist.
- Point of contact for higher level or complex issues and will work with senior levels for resolution.
- This position is full-time and may require after hours or on-call support including, but not limited weekends and evenings.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 8 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Java and design skills
- Experience in software development of multi-threaded, scalable and highly-available distributed systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, high-performance computing and programming.
- Excellent analytical / problem solving
- Able to work as a team and individually
- Sound knowledge of SQL & NoSQL databases. (NoSQL is a plus)
- Linux, Shell Scripting
- Web Services: SOA, add RESTful , WDSL, XML, XSLT, XQuery
- Knowledge on Andriod & iOS development
- Knowledge of 12 factor, cloud-native principles
- Knowledge and experience using one or more of the following tools/technologies/processes:
- Git, Subversion, Jenkins, Maven, Codelyzer, service virtualization, Unix/Linux scripting, CI/CD tooling and process experience, PaaS, IaaS, SaaS
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, work instructions, process maps and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Basic understanding of and willingness to learn and adopt professional and industry standards.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!