Job Title: AF026: Electronics Technician I
Job Requisition Number: RC193052
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
477 Distribution Pkwy
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Posting Date: 2019-09-13
Job Posting End Date: 2019-09-20
This position working location will be 477 Distribution Pkwy Collierville, TN 38017 This position is responsible for troubleshooting and the repair of various electronic Devices including microcomputer hardware and peripheral components. loads And verifies correct operation of software packages including operating Systems. provides depot technical support to internal and 3rd party Organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi‑task and prioritize and troubleshoot issues
- Demonstrated skills in operating equipment.
- Apply technical trouble-shooting principles to identify and resolve a wide range of technical computer, software, operating system, printer and other electronic equipment problems.
- Repairs electronic devices using hand tools, power tools, and electronic test equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematic diagrams, and blueprints.
- Utilizes knowledge of product to resolve technical issues. Maintains technical awareness and applies technical and operational knowledge in multiple environments.
- May adapt procedures, processes or techniques to resolve product problems.
- Refers more complex issues to higher level technicians.
- Associates degree in a business, engineering technology, or computer technology
- OR 2 years of experience in systems engineering, technical support, or system development of advanced electronic, pc, and/or telecommunications systemsAll education must be verified and accredited by the Department of Education
- Minimum of 2 years experience of ruggedized laptop repair required.
ADDITIONAL JOB ELEMENTS
- Ability to work in team environments
- Must exhibit promptness and attention to detail
- Contributes to a safe working environment
- Ability to work in a self-directed work environment
- Ability to complete all basic and re-currency regulatory training as required
- Ability to perform the spill clean-up function as required
- Ability to read and understand operative manuals and work instructions.
Physical and/or Mental Demands:
- May frequently lift or move materials with an average weight up to 50 lbs.without aid.
- May require prolonged standing, walking, bending and stooping
This position working location will be 477 Distribution Pkwy Collierville, TN 38017
Experience in repair of Ruggedized Laptop/Tablet preferred
Flexible Shift, Based on Business Needs
Overtime required, based on business needs
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.