Job Title: FXLE0004: MD Regulatory Affairs & Compliance US Customs Brokerage
Job Requisition Number: RC194474
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
100 Peabody Place
Memphis, Tennessee 38103
Posting Date: 2019-09-13
Job Posting End Date: 2019-10-14
This position develops a regulatory compliance program to foster 100 percent compliance with the regulations pertaining to the customs brokerage services and import compliance as an Importer of Record on a global basis. Ensures that FedEx Logistics is in compliance with all laws and regulations governing the Company's activities on a global basis. Provides direction to the Vice President, Regulatory Affairs & Compliance and Company's executive committee in the area of regulatory compliance. Represents FedEx Logistics regulatory positions to governmental agencies.
- Develops strategies and tactics for a large staff and manages an annual operating budget.
- Ensures FedEx Logistics (FXL) and subsidiaries are in compliance with global laws and regulations, global customs requirements, trade laws, transportation laws and global importer requirements as a customs broker and importer of record.
- Ensures the development, implementation, and administration of policies and procedures to facilitate global regulatory compliance.
- Directs the development of policies and procedures to address regulatory or procedural changes by governmental agencies and authorities. Ensures changes are disseminated to management and customers, if applicable, in a timely manner.
- Represent and advocates FXL’s interests to US governmental agencies and authorities, including but not limited to, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs & Border Protection (CBP), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), USDA, all US participating government agencies and foreign regulatory agencies and authorities with oversight into the business of FXL as well as various industry associations, such as NCBFAA, COAC, and AAEI.
- Ensures that the regulatory compliance program, which includes a separate regulatory audit function, effectively detects and prevents violation of law, regulations and company policies, or the code of conduct.
- Regularly reviews the regulatory compliance program, policies and procedures, and recommends appropriate revisions and modification, including advising the Vice President, Regulatory Affairs & Compliance of potential compliance risk areas.
- Works with various training organizations to develop and coordinate appropriate regulatory compliance training and education programs for employees so they understand and uphold the company’s commitment to comply with all laws, regulations, company policies, and ethical requirements applicable to the conduct of business. Assesses the need for additional training and education and develops appropriate regulatory compliance programs.
- Under the direction of the VP, implements company’s internal and external audit procedures related to regulatory compliance for the purpose of monitoring and detecting noncompliance in regulatory matters. May coordinate with FedEx Corporate Audit on audits performed by request or as periodically scheduled and any misconduct or noncompliance. If any misconduct or noncompliance is detected, recommend a solution and follow-up.
- Aligns goals of customs, import and export regulatory compliance with those of the operational excellence teams. Develops a system or rewards and appropriate corrective actions for performance or conduct that is inconsistent with the goals of achieving 100% regulatory compliance.
- Coordinated with the MD Regulatory Compliance-Transportation on all compliance issues, efforts and projects.
Bachelor's degree/equivalent experience. Must have a current customs broker license. Must have significant experience in regulatory compliance in the US, and global experience preferred. Must have broad knowledge of US customs requirements, trade laws, other government agency requirements, additional knowledge of maritime, air and surface transportation, distribution (logistics) preferred. Strong leadership, management experience, planning, and communication skills. Specialist certifications in import and export (such as CCS and CES) preferred. Must have the ability to identify, develop and evaluate management talent in others which is critical in this position. Frequent travel will be necessary although the domicile is Memphis, TN.
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.