Job Title: Customs Brokerage Specialist
Job Requisition Number: RC193846
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
11101 Metro Airport Center Dr
Romulus, Michigan 48174
Posting Date: 2019-09-13
Job Posting End Date: 2019-09-20
To provide customers with the highest quality service by providing consistent customer service and resolution in order to ensure timely release and/or inbound or outbound movement of freight/cargo
- Provide impeccable customer service
- Prepare, analyze, and/or submit documentation to the appropriate parties (U.S. Customs, agents, clients) in order to ensure they are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations relating to customs
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve problems which could delay the timely release or movement of freight
- Maintain relationships with correspondent brokers, T&B, and other service providers to ensure that agents exceed the customers' service requirements
- Resolve banking and letter of credit problems
- Advise customers on payment terms.
- Obtain payment on delinquent accounts and/or complete accounting adjustment forms for review.
- Resolve billing issues, coordinate post entry activity on customer's behalf.
- Complete accurate data input or corrections into computer files.
- Perform route cause analysis as directed by the Account Administrator.
- Coordinate post-entry activities on the customer's behalf
- Manage the entry verification process.
- Access clients systems (external systems) as necessary.
- Correspond with business partners in various mediums to include written, phone or e-mail.
- Produce operational trend reports
- Keep business partners apprised of the exception process.
- Pre alerts - receive and respond as needed per customer SOP.
- Maintain general knowledge of FedEx products and services
- Interact with customers, internal staff/departments and management of all levels.
- Support Account Administrators with account management activities (exception logs, special spreadsheets).
- Perform entry reconciliation as needed
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with customer's front-line personnel
- Ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the Administration and Customs Trade process to support a small office structure.
- Facilitate entry processing, as well as pre arrival and post arrival exception resolution.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- 12 months of brokerage or transportation experience and/or customer service experience required.
- Required - MS Office, Outlook, Office equipment (phone, fax, photocopier, printer, scanner)
- Excellent communiation skills, verbal and written
- Organizational Skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Problem solving Skills
- Handle high volume of work
- Handle time sensitive work
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge in HTS classification & familiar with the harmonized tariff system
- Knowledge of U.S. Customs regulations & other federal regulations and requirements with respect to specific area of expertise
- Performs other or additional duties as assigned
- Paid Training Provided
DAY SHIFT 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.