Job Title: Senior Manager, Air Operations
Job Requisition #: RC196635
Unit 801, Metroplaza Tower 1
Kwai Fong, Hong Kong
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Family: FTN: Operations Management
• Assist in project management, business planning, service improvements & strategy development with the objective to provide progressive leadership for the workgroup, exceed service commitments & customer satisfaction, generate revenues and achieve long-term profitability. • To implement risk management plan. • To apply multimodal transportation concept and knowledge. • To work out process improvement and cope with market competition. • To act as Airfreight Head and leading a full range airfreight team • Periodical placement in South China offices is required upon assignment
- Selects, trains, develop, motivate and monitor performance of direct reports, and develop a succession plan in order to achieve functional & departmental objectives.
- Set strategy at area of control, create short term & long term plans for operational needs.
- Formulate, implement & review contingency plans to support overall operations & individual areas of operations.
- Provide direction & support for resolution of complex customer issues, establish & execute service contracts, review customers’ feedback & initiate improvement measures.
- Plan, review, analyze & negotiate vendor/supplier contracts & costing in order to achieve business revenues & meet departmental & corporate goals.
- Review productivity reports, operational data & performance trends; identify, design, recommend & drive the implementation of leadership, service, technology and/or cost-saving improvements.
- Initiate & plan long-term service enhancement projects, evaluate short-term & long-term results; assist in new operations development & initiatives in order to ensure continuous improvements at areas of control.
- Prepare & submit annual budget to top management; control, monitor & report results on a regular basis.
- Ensures compliance with system allocation policy and process to meet sales and operational service requirements.
44 working hours per week (Monday to Friday)Academic:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Experience & knowledge:
- Fifteen (15) years professional experience in transportation service or air cargo industry.
- Five (5) years relevant management / supervisory experience.
- Project management & resource planning experience.
- Extensive Industry network and Practical Operational knowledge are expected
- Fluent in English, Mandarin and local languages.
- Visionary leadership, human relations and communication skills.
- Problem-solving & decision-making
- People management & motivation
- Strong team player
FedEx Logistics provides e-Commerce, freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions.
People–Service–Profit (P-S-P). We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for FedEx to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for our employees' well-being and value their contributions to the company.
We honor innovation, integrity and diversity. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our industry.
We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!