Job Title: Surface Transportation Clerk
Job Requisition Number: RC179102
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
17210 S Main St
Gardena, California 90248
2820 B Street Nw
Auburn, Washington 98001
Posting Date: 2019-10-11
Job Posting End Date: 2019-10-22
To provide internal customers with the highest level of Surface Transportation service and expertise to insure from pick-up to delivery all moves over the road transport with the utmost quality and care
- Data entry and transpose all FTN shipment data into a Shipment Log
- Able to take commercial invoices, manifest and other nonrelated routing documents and create FTN bills of lading in all relevant FTN systems
- Dispatch carriers to pick up at CFS, FTN and customer related distribution centers
- Track and trace over the road events and enter the events into the Surface logs or other related systems such as Galaxy/Duplex and GTD
- Contact shippers and consignee’s to arrange appointments
- Manage Surface carriers during transit to ensure they meet delivery expectation and customer SLA’s.
- Confirm deliveries and retrieve POD’s, this includes recording any exceptions noted on the POD’s and passing on potential claims
- Approve and pass the correct invoices to AP to be paid
- Communicate with internal CSR reps to verify surface shipping needs (are permits required, tarps, special handling, etc.)
- Work in conjunction with FTN product to ensure strategic use of vendors is utilized properly
- Basic knowledge and understanding of what a Bill of Lading is and how it is utilized for an over the road shipment.
- Knowledge of retailer appointment methods such as on-line, email and other scheduling methods
- Basic understanding of at least one mode of Surface transportation (Cartage, Drayage, FTL, LTL, Small Package and Intermodal)
- Able to communicate verbally and well as electronically at a minimum about a single mode of Surface transportation (Cartage, Drayage, FTL, LTL, Small Package and Intermodal)
- Basic level of knowledge on DOT over the road rules and regulations
- Basic knowledge of dimensions and other trucking specifics (single, double axel, knowing what to ask to ensure the correct mode and trucks are applied to shipments)
- Able to communicate with internal CSR reps to verify surface shipping needs (are permits required, tarps, special handling etc)
- Basic knowledge of cargo shipment limitation
- Basic understanding of tariff, rules tariff, and other carrier terms and conditions
- Basic level of Excel knowledge
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.