Job Title: Senior Manager US Brokerage; Phoenix, Arizona
Job Requisition Number: RC207520
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
60 E Rio Salado Pkwy
Tempe, Arizona 85281
Posting Date: 2019-11-01
Job Posting End Date: 2019-11-15
This Position is for the Phoenix location. Brokerage License strongly preferred.
- Responsible for the effective management of all direct expenses related to the positions area of control
- Ensure service quality as define by established KPIs and SQIs for area of responsibility
- Responsible for one or multiple locations
- Responsible for selecting, training, motivating, and developing a staff of approximately 1 to 10 direct reports with an annual direct payroll budget of approximately $45k to $850k
- Responsible for a staff of approximately 1 to 220 indirect reports
- Plans and directs staffing controls to ensure a high level of service and productivity and plans, develops, implements and monitors operating plans
- Directs and trains staff in sound human relations and operational skills and ensures safety methods and programs are implemented and maintained; establishes goals to ensure cost effectiveness in all areas of responsibility
- Directs and controls all aspects of operations
- Ability to think creatively to find alternative(s) to work processes when contingencies are necessary
- Ensures directives, rules, and procedures are communicated and followed for FTN, CBP, and other agencies in order to reduce and avoid monetary penalties
- Plans, develops, implements and monitors operational changes to ensure customer satisfaction and accurate service
- Effectively organizes and manages multiple work functions and/or locations
- Communicates daily with field, systems operations, and other divisions on operational concerns and ultimate resolution via direct communication
- Acts as liaison between management and field operations to improve mutual problem areas and inadequate or untimely communications
- Ensures problems resulting from deviations in procedures are identified, makes recommendations for correction, and monitors implementation of approved recommendations.
- Maintains accurately all required reports/paperwork, payroll, flextime, vacation schedules, performance reviews, AIC, and personnel record statistics through established paperwork guidelines
- 4-Year degree preferred/ equivalent in business
- Five (5) years experience in the field/ industry required.
- 3 years in a leadership role required.
- CCS and/or Brokers license preferred.
- Required - MS Office, Outlook, Office equipment (phone, fax, photocopier, printer, scanner)
- Strong basic management, human relations and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- General knowledge of safety awareness within an operational division
- Organizational Skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Problem solving Skills
- Handle high volume of work
- Handle time sensitive work
- Detail orientated
- Performs other or additional duties as assigned
Position will be responsible for the new Phoenix location including all associated facility tasks.
Relocation consideration for internal applicants.
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.