Job Title: Regional Manager, Human Resources
Job Requisition Number: RC219061
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
Unit 801, Metroplaza Tower 1
Kwai Fong, Hong Kong
Posting Date: 2019-12-03
· To provide market-level input on the human resources strategy and implement human resources initiatives to meet business and market needs and address complex business issues with the objective to ensure the APAC workforce drives key objectives and results.
- Select, train, develop and motivate a staff of employees.
- Coordinate and administer all human resources development, organizational planning, compensation, benefits, recruitment, labor relations and a broad spectrum of personnel related areas; act as prime point of contact on HR matters; lead special project to build up a talent pool with internal candidates to meet company needs and to build an effective, capable workforce to meet business objectives.
- Ensure compliance with corporate philosophy; comply with legal requirements; anticipate future implication; maintain consistency and equity across the region.
- Provide guidance to managers on organization development, restructuring, expansion, and resources allocation issues to ensure efficient and optimal use of resources.
- Review and provide input on strategy in the area of employee communications; identify needs for employee/management communication and review the effectiveness of initiatives; coordinate complaint resolution with management, legal department and employees as appropriate.
- Identifying training needs; evaluate internal and external resource availability and cost involved.
- Review and approve reports and necessary paperwork; present findings and recommendations to management team; obtain senior management commitment and resources to ensure legal compliance and to understand workforce composition to meet their needs.
- Collaborate with the Compensation & Benefits group on all compensation and benefits related issues; provide feedback on country specific practices; and ensure employee and management understanding of compensation rationale.
- Prepare and submit annual budget to top management; control, monitor and report results on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline
- At least Seven (7) years’ HR generalist experience in MNC with a minimum of 4 years in managerial position, preferably in freight forwarding / logistics industry.
- Good knowledge in employment law and related legislation's of APAC countries.
- Able to provide creative solutions to people issues and establish effective communication.
- Effective counseling skills of being able to give advice to management on HR issues.
- In-depth knowledge of a broad range of human resources systems, processes and practices.
- Independent, able to prioritize and handle multitasks.
- High sense of responsibility and commitment.
- Mature with pleasant, flexible personality.
- Problem-solving and Decision making
- People Management and Motivation
- Proficient in English, Mandarin and/or local language
- Travel required
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.