Job Title: Intern Operations Analysis
Job Requisition Number: RC217714
Memphis, Tennessee 38120
This is a 10-week assignment for students pursuing a college degree. Assignments are directly related to intern's academic degree. Under direct supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx.
High school graduate or equivalent. Student has completed at least two years toward college degree. Enrollment as undergraduate or graduate student in quantitative discipline such as math/statistics, business, computer science, economics, engineering, operations research.
Full-time internship opportunity available in the Memphis, TN area from June 2020 to August 2020.
Under close supervision, the successful candidate will provide support for cross-OpCo & cross-discipline initiatives and strategic programs. Through the application of quantitative analysis of operational, customer, and other relevant data, the intern will help to drive operational efficiency and organizational process improvement across the enterprise. The intern may support implementation of strategy or provide support for implementation of new analytical approaches and solutions.
The intern may assist with:
- Conducting data analytics, report development, and/or research
- Interacting with business partners and/or staff to gather and interpret operational data
- Documenting systems functions and business process flows
- Analytical, problem solving, organizational, and project management skills
- Change management, leadership, verbal and written communication, and collaboration skills
- Skills and/or experience in data analytics and one or more analytic software tools or languages
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience applying quantitative analysis techniques in a practical business setting
- Knowledge in transportation operations
- Six Sigma black belt or similar certification
- Plans to graduate within 12 months of completing the internship and begin full-time employment
Resume should include the following information:
- College address and permanent home address.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing:
- Name of college/university.
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate).
- Major and/or minor.
- Overall GPA.
- Major GPA.
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year)
The Memphis, TN area.
Relocation assistance not available.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.