Job Title: Senior Warehouse Operations Associate
Job Requisition Number: RC228065
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
110 Ke ehi Place
Honolulu, Hawaii 96819
Posting Date: 2020-01-31
Job Posting End Date: 2020-02-28
To direct and promote continuous improvement and best practices in all aspects of Warehouse Operations, under the direction of the Warehouse Supervisor and Manager. Support Air & Ocean Container Freight Station (CFS), Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ), Distribution and all Interdepartmental Warehouse Operations. This is achieved through meeting internal company Key Performance Indexes (KPIs), exceeding customer's service expectations, all the while operating in a safe and company compliant manner.
- Loads/unloads floor loads or palletized freight on and off trucks.
- Operates forklift, pallet jacks, pickers, and reach-trucks, both propane and electric, in a safe and compliant manner.
- Receives and sorts inventories by SKU, Customer, PO# etc., process damage exceptions.
- Operates radio frequency (RF)/ Bluetooth handheld device.
- Handles and sorts returns or inbound freight logging or input in WMS system.
- Removes selected cartons from shipments for customs examinations and/or distribution/re-forwarding.
- Accurately processes Small Parcel / Ship Manager and able to train others.
- Maintains an organized work area to assure cleanliness and safety.
- Advises management of safety issues or equipment/building concerns.
- Participates in and takes responsibility of special projects through completion.
- Participates in cross-training and set an example for other employees on daily tasks.
- Sets up and establishes accounts in the Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Participates in billing activities including recording inventory levels and double checking counts.
- Anticipates, identifies and resolves problems that could delay the timely movement of freight including advising customer service of carrier issues from pick-up and deliveries.
- Routinely manages customer specific shipping activities to include picking customer orders/order fulfillment.
- Proficiently operates the Warehouse Management System (WMS), specific to RF handheld.
- Reconciles paperwork and cargo on both Shipping & Receiving.
- Generates WMS reports specific to cycle counting to ensure Inventory integrity.
- Directs temporary labor in above functions.
- Guides the Buildup and Breakdown of ULDs specific to Airline.
- Participates in Safety SCIT Team leadership.
- Maintains records for TSA cargo screening and chain of custody.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Three (3) years of International Freight Forwarding Warehouse Operations experience.
- Thorough knowledge of distribution activities.
- Excellent communication and comprehension skills.
- Excellent organizational skills for freight compliance.
- Ability to be certified on all Machine Handling Equipment (MHEs) within the facility. This includes Forklifts, pickers and reach-trucks, both Propane and Electric, and to operate these in a safe and compliant manner.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to use good safety judgment.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs regularly and more with appropriate assistance.
- Ability to work within a schedule and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- A self-starter and detail oriented.
- When applicable, must be licensed to operate a vehicle and comply with all state and federal DOT regulations which include passing a physical and being 21 years of age.
- When applicable, must have valid travel documentation (i.e. Passport) in order to cross the border.
- Must complete and pass the certified DG Specialist training.
- TSA Certified for operating within a CCSF.
- Certified Cargo Screener in both x-ray & Ionscan 500DT.
- Knowledgeable and able to lead in all aspects of CFS and FTZ Operations (site specific).
- Certified to operate Yard Hostler.
- Understands relevance of C-TPAT Verification.
- Understands relevance and applicability of FDA Registrations.
- Advanced knowledge of US Air Export / Import Gateway.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of CFS and FTZ Operations (site specific).
- Working understanding of US Air & Ocean Export / Import Operational processes.
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.