Job Title: SURFACE TRANSPORTATION COORDINATOR
Job Requisition #: RC230275
3700 N. Commerce Drive
East Point, United States
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Family: FTN: Operations Professional
To provide internal customers with the highest level of Surface Transportation service and expertise to insure from pick-up to delivery all moves over the road transport with the utmost quality and care
- Data entry and transpose all FTN shipment data into a Shipment Log
- Classify commodity rates and complete FTN bills of lading in accordance with the tariffs
- Able to take commercial invoices, manifest and other nonrelated routing documents and create FTN bills of lading in all relevant FTN systems
- Dispatch carriers to pick up at CFS, FTN and customer related distribution centers
- Track and trace over the road events and enter the events into the Surface logs or other related systems such as Galaxy/Duplex and GTD
- Contact shippers and consignee’s to arrange appointments
- Manage Surface carriers during transit to ensure they meet delivery expectation and customer SLA’s.
- Confirm deliveries and retrieve POD’s, this includes recording any exceptions noted on the POD’s and passing on potential claims
- Return imaging for all FTN systems
- Audit carrier freight bills and billing statements for accuracy, then dispute any invoices that are incorrect
- Approve and pass the correct invoices to AP to be paid
- Update surface log with cost as well as communicate back to the CSR relevant cost changes
- Create routing guides for Operations and CPD
- Communicate with internal CSR reps to verify surface shipping needs (are permits required, tarps, special handling, etc.)
- Work in conjunction with FTN product to ensure strategic use of vendors is utilized properly
- Knowledge in how to fill out and properly execute on domestic bills of ladings, up to and including understanding the terms and conditions and how they are applied to Surface Transportation
- Knowledge of retailer appointment methods such as on-line, email and other scheduling methods
- Hazmat certified and have a high level of understanding on how to route dangerous goods over the road
- Must have a complete understanding of all 6 modes of Surface transportation (Cartage, Drayage, FTL, LTL, Small Package and Intermodal)
- Strong communication verbally and well as electronically with all 6 types of Surface transportation in accordance with their modes
- High level of knowledge on DOT over the road rules and regulations
- Strong knowledge of North American tariffs, classifications and regulations such as the NMF-100 series and Czarlite tariff.
- Need to know dimensions and other trucking specifics (single, double axel, knowing what to ask to ensure the correct mode and trucks are applied to shipments)
- Able to communicate with internal CSR reps to verify surface shipping needs (are permits required, tarps, special handling etc)
- Firm knowledge of cargo shipment limitation
- Understand tariff, rules tariff, and other carrier terms and conditions that apply to all modes.
- Basic level of Excel knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years of surface transportation and/or trucking industry
FedEx Logistics provides e-Commerce, freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions.
People–Service–Profit (P-S-P). We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for FedEx to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for our employees' well-being and value their contributions to the company.
We honor innovation, integrity and diversity. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our industry.
We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!