Job Title: Customs Trade Coordinator - 1st shift, Tuesday-Saturday 7a-3:30p
Job Requisition Number: RC234112
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
3742 Tyndale Drive
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Posting Date: 2020-03-04
This position is responsible for any of the various tasks listed as assigned. Decision making for release related tasks, assigning work to the appropriate queue for proper entry processing, live/quota entries, FDA/FWS entries, scrolling, voids/deletes and voluntary entries utilizing computer skills in a windows environment.
- Provide impeccable customer service
- Obtain correct classification of goods for customs release from database, SOP's, tariff book, internet or customs.
- Data entry and processing of various import related documentation for submission to US Customs and may handle all PGA's (participating Government Agencies)
- Maintain and keep current all shipment documentation in compliance with all record keeping requirements.
- Adhere to all international importing and exporting regulations.
- Work closely with other internal staff, departments, other fedex operations, and customers to deliver high level of service to customers.
- Process agency brokerage shipments.
- May handle remote filings
- Ensure all government and organizational policies are followed.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- No industry experience required.
- Minimum of 6 months work experience preferred.
- Data entry/keyboard experience required.
- Required - MS Office, Outlook, Office equipment (phone, fax, photocopier, printer, scanner)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Organizational Skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Problem solving Skills
- Handle high volume of work
- Handle time sensitive work
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to use multiple systems and reference material
- Interact with customers, carriers, brokers, government agencies, internal staff, management of all levels, internal departments
- Performs other or additional duties as assigned
- Paid Training Provided
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday 7:00am-3:30pm
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.