Release & Classification Specialist - 2nd shift
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-82061
Job Title: Release & Classification Specialist - 2nd shift
Job Requisition Number: RC52532
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
8202 Killam Industrial Blvd
Laredo, Texas 78045
Posting Date: 2018-10-01
Job Posting End Date: 2018-10-31
This position provides customers the required entry services and promotes exceptional customer service by securing relationships with FTN customers and carriers. Facilitates all necessary releases, entry processing and hold functions to secure release of shipments in a timely and accurate manner according to CBP and OGA regulations and time frames.
- Analyzes documentation to determine admissibility, FTN liability (bond) and arranges for the type of release. Determines when documents are required by customs or other federal agencies and ensures they are present and correct. If not present, obtains information to prepare or arrange for the document to be provided. Contacts carriers, clients, customs and other parties to facilitate the release of imported merchandise.
- Consults with customer and technical services personnel on questions of compliance, admissibility, classification, valuation, and client determination.
- Resolve complex release issues including marking notices, stratified exams, CBP seizures, cancellation and deletes.
- Answers inquiries by customs, clients and carriers regarding the clearance status of shipments.
- Arranges for the freight forwarding of merchandise on behalf of clients including the preparation of bills of lading and delivery arrangements.
- Completes the release & classification of shipments for difficult or sensitive accts by determining the proper classification & associated duty rate, calculating the entered value & making the client & fee determination.
- When applicable, serve external & internal customers & support ops by transporting freight, driving a company truck under 26,000 lbs., To FTN T&B warehouse, export, or customer location.
- Resolves issues identified by computer generated reports (i.e. Shipments without release dates) as reports from CBP (b-35) to ensure FTN is within CBP and oga compliance requirements.
- Resolves shipments held by other government agencies (FDA) by contacting the agency, customer, regulatory to determine required actions.
- Performs certain audits of entry files to ensure correctness & takes the necessary action to correct errors. Reviews errors w/appropriate mgr/supvr.
- Review entry rejects from customs on a daily basis. Makes the necessary client contact, corrects errors, resubmits the entries on a timely basis & takes the necessary action to get corrections to company records made. Refers rejects to appropriate mgr/supvr for review.
- Arranges for the freight forwarding of merchandise including the preparation of bills of lading, delivery arrangements and completion of our billing sheet.
- Where applicable, perform reconciliation activities including monitoring reports & customer submissions to ensure accurate & timely filing, operating computer applications to create reconciliation entry header, association file & spreadsheet data, preparing package for timely submission to customs, initiating billing of service fees & payment to customs, & maintaining records for regulatory requirements.
- Completes a daily report on release and classification and related activities as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Working knowledge of the tariff schedules, classification and billing records as well as general import requirements.
- Ability to analyze documents and make sound decisions.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of freight forwarding procedures and practices.
- Two (2) years experience in release, classification or related fields or with a high level performance.
- When applicable, must be licensed to operate a vehicle and comply with all state and federal DOT regulations which include passing a physical and being twenty-one (21) years of age.
FedEx Trade Networks provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Trade Networks Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Trade Networks Transport and Brokerage, Inc. is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FTN will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Trade Networks will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.