Sr. Import Agent (Gardena)
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-85061
Job Title: Sr. Import Agent (Gardena)
Job Requisition Number: RC101321
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
17210 S Main St
Gardena, California 90248
Posting Date: 2018-10-10
Job Posting End Date: 2018-10-17
This position is responsible for any of the various tasks listed as assigned: arrange for the release of FedEx Express shipments from Customs' custody and complete all types of classification activities, process FedEx Express caged shipments to ensure timely release, performs audits and quality referral functions.
- Analyzes documentation to determine admissibility and arrange for the type of release required with customs FedEx Trade Networks (FTN) and FedEx express systems.
- Researches entries on customs reports, such as the bo8/late filed cf7501's, b35/misdeliveries, and bo7/ACS rejected entries to determine error ownership, provide comments, penalty impact, FTN savings, and actions required bringing the entries into compliance.
- Interacts with various FTN teams, FedEx Express and Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) port office/hub via email, letters or telephone in getting problematic entries resolved.
- Assists with NRTC (no reason to cage) review weekly review in cross referencing with RCD's and job aids. Performs prior disclosures, QA referrals, etc.
- Contact customers in a professional manner, advising them of all duties and fees payable to customs for clearance of their merchandise.
- Clearly inform customers of 24-hour requirement for response if changes to entry are requested.
- Completes all audit activities assigned in an accurate and timely manner.
- Completes the classification of imported merchandise by determining the proper tariff classification and associated duty rate and calculating the entered value using T/B and FedEx express systems.
- Completes a daily performance report on classification and related activities.
- Ensures files are completed accurately and timely according to customs regulation, OGA (i.e. FDA) and FedEx contract specifications.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Two (2) years of business experience or two (2) years of college credits preferred.
- Working knowledge of customs regulations, harmonized tariff schedules and special tariff treatment programs preferred.
- Ability to analyze data & information and to make sound decisions in a time sensitive atmosphere.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills to work with internal and external customers. Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to complete multiple duties and meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience with and the ability to process a high volume of incoming information via image, hardcopy, phone and fax to meet specific time schedules.
FedEx Trade Networks provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Trade Networks Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Trade Networks Transport and Brokerage, Inc. is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FTN will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Trade Networks will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.