Sr. Attorney I, Corporate Integrity & Compliance
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-89871
Job Title: Sr. Attorney I, Corporate Integrity & Compliance
Job Requisition Number: RC107345
Memphis, Tennessee 38120
To provide legal counsel and advice to the corporation and its subsidiaries to ensure their effective operation in accordance with federal, state, local and/or international laws.
Job Specific Information:
This position is for a Senior Anti-Corruption Attorney reporting to the Staff Director – Integrity & Compliance and will be a member of the Corporate Integrity & Compliance group within the FedEx Corporation Legal Department. The attorney will have day-to-day responsibility for, among other things, developing, implementing and managing programs designed to ensure compliance with global anti-corruption laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Corporate Integrity & Compliance group, as appropriate, with overall implementation and management of Corporate Integrity & Compliance programs, with a primary focus on global anti-corruption compliance including third party oversight, development of policies and procedures, training, risk assessment and monitoring.
- Assess third party relationships; design due diligence and oversee associated systems; deliver anti-corruption training.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues around the world within Compliance and Legal, as well as in other departments including Internal Audit, Finance and Sourcing.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and employees about the FedEx Global Anti-Corruption Compliance Program and Third Party Compliance Program.
- Remain abreast of laws, regulations, best practices and trends related to FedEx compliance programs and advise the Staff Director – Integrity & Compliance and the Global Chief Compliance Officer (GCCO) of emerging compliance issues. Make recommendations to the Staff Director – Integrity & Compliance and the GCCO as appropriate.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Knowledge of and experience with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, UK Bribery Act and similar anti-corruption laws.
- Knowledge of and experience with developing and implementing global anti-corruption compliance programs.
- Experience working with international locations or handling international compliance-related issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient with third party compliance technology platforms and data analytics.
- Excellent organizational, project management and human relations skills.
Juris Doctorate Degree from an A.B.A accredited law school and admission to the bar. At least six (6) years of experience and demonstrated competence as a practicing attorney in relevant area of law. Superior academic record. Ability to determine appropriateness of settlement or litigation. Excellent research and writing skills. Strong negotiation, human relations and communications skills.
This position is domiciled in Memphis, TN. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply for this position, upload current copy of resume and answer screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on November 15, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.