Corporate Accounting Advisor
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-93357
Job Title: Corporate Accounting Advisor
Job Requisition Number: RC108309
Memphis, Tennessee 38120
Serves as project lead for the compilation, analysis and preparation of financial and statistical information in support of accounting and financial analysis of FedEx companies, including consolidated reporting and/or reporting in compliance with SEC rules and regulations. To provide interpretation and support to users of financial statements. To lead projects related to the design and enhancement of financial reporting systems.
Job Specific Information:
This position is in a group that is responsible for international accounting and oversight, along with accounting for business combinations (M&A). This specific position will be primarily responsible for:
- Purchase accounting (mergers and acquisitions) from due diligence to accounting for the purchase in conjunction with Corporate Development
- Monitoring of international accounting around the globe including financial statement reviews
- Month-end close coordination and quarterly reporting for a FedEx OpCo
- Occasional international travel may be required
Skills / Knowledge Considered A Plus:
- CPA certification
- Experience with international operations
- Proficiency in one or more languages in addition to English
- Initiative to seek out opportunities for improvement and support a continuous process improvement culture Effectively communicates ideas and results to all levels of the organization, including executive management
- Experience in purchase accounting for business acquisitions
- Experience with business and intangible valuations for business acquisitions
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated application of US GAAP to complex transactions including documentation Experience with SEC financial reporting
- Familiarity with tax accounting
- Ability and willingness for occasional international travel
Bachelor's Degree/equivalent in accounting or finance-related discipline. MBA and/or CPA preferred. Six (6) years experience in public accounting or the accounting department of a public company. Strong accounting and reporting skills. Strong organizational, analytical, project management and communications skills.
This position is domiciled in Memphis, TN. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.