Quality Assurance Coordinatior
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-93827
Job Title: Quality Assurance Coordinatior
Job Requisition Number: RC110384
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
3800 Forest Hill Irene Rd
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Posting Date: 2018-11-07
Job Posting End Date: 2018-11-14
This position is responsible for any of the various tasks listed as assigned. Provides timely review and make necessary corrections of entries submitted to Customs Border and Protection (CBP) prior to summary for all FedEx Trade Networks (FTN) divisions, while ensuring all customer and regulatory requirements are met. Support other workgroups such as entry processing and cage functions when necessary.
Completes various review activities that fall under the FTN One Brokerage review functions such as:
• Review and correct entries based on regulatory requirements such as but not limited to: Free Trade Agreements, Classification, Other Government Agencies, Licenses and Valuations.
• Reviews and researches entries to determine if compliant and make changes as necessary in order to minimize regulatory risk to our customers and FTN as the last point of review prior to submission to CBP.
• Ensures that all decisions made are executed based on Regulatory agency training guidelines and entry processing procedures.
• Performs customers’ reviews to ensure entries are filed in accordance with the customers’ requirements and specifications within the designated time frames. Utilizes Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Part # databases, customer proprietary systems and applications. Communicates with the appropriate FTN workgroup and/or customers.
• Assesses appropriate level of duties/taxes payable to CBP and/or validates the importance of any special program indicators and terms of sale that may apply.
• Ensures all information obtained during the review of the entry is imaged for record retention purposes using the proper document types.
• Corrects ABI errors to ensure timely submission and payment of entries to CBP.
• Reviews Census Warnings and validate entered data, communicates with the customers and/or solicit additional documentation needed and transmit override code to CBP if necessary.
• Issues referrals in the required format for accurate reporting.
• Corresponds in writing or by telephone with customers, CBP or other governmental agencies at all levels regarding required documentation to resolve issues that could result in fines and penalties.
• Communicates any updates and corrections to databases or profiles to internal and external customers improving customer retention and experience.
• Thorough understanding of the different requirements in systems and processes for each FTN division such as Air & Ocean, Border, CPA and GENEX
• Completes any other assigned tasks and supports other workgroups when necessary.
High school diploma/GED and three (3) years of business/customer service experience or college degree required. Two (2) years of brokerage experience preferred. The ability to analyze data and information to make sound decisions in a time sensitive atmosphere. Knowledge of CBP and Partner Government Agency (PGA) regulations and tariff schedules, general import procedures and systems preferred. Ability to work in a time sensitive environment with a high level of accuracy and productivity. Excellent computer skills with the ability to work in a windows environment. Strong communication skills, verbal and written. CCS preferred.
• All other duties as assigned.
FedEx Trade Networks provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Trade Networks Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Trade Networks Transport and Brokerage, Inc. is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FTN will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Trade Networks will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.