Staff Director, Legal
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-94737
Job Title: Staff Director, Legal
Job Requisition Number: RC111858
Memphis, Tennessee 38120
Plans, staffs and directs legal counsel in the area of sales transactions and alliances, legal technology transactions, marketing/intellectual property law or employment law.
Job Specific Information:
This position directs a team of managers and professionals in the oversight of legal matters including advertising, communications, trademark, copyright, social media and service development.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Legal experience in the following areas:
- Advertising law
- Intellectual property issues including trademark and copyright
- Social Media and internet issues
- Transportation law including contract of carriage issues
Juris Doctorate with admission to the bar. Significant experience in the practice of law with expertise in area managed. Excellent communications, negotiations and human relations skills.
This position is domiciled in Memphis, TN. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply for this position, upload current copy of resume and answer screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on November 16, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.