IT Project Manager
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-99455
Job Title: IT Project Manager
Job Requisition Number: RC113593
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
10040 18th Street N.
St Petersburg, Florida 33716
Posting Date: 2018-11-30
Job Posting End Date: 2018-12-14
General Summary This individual will be responsible for working with the Cross Border Tech Team to identify new technology, tools, software, or services that the company would like to begin utilizing. Once a specific technology has been identified, this party will be solely responsible for working with Cross Border Leadership, the Technology Vendor, Legal, and InfoSec – in order to gain approval of said technology. The individual will represent FedEx Cross Border business as a direct liaison to the Legal and InfoSec departments. This position will provide strategic project support for information technology teams to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and conform to quality standards while mitigating risks and constraints.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with FedEx Cross Border Leadership and Tech Team to understand any new technology/tools which require InfoSec and/or Legal approval
- Develop a close working relationship with direct points of contact in the Legal and InfoSec Teams
- Follow any Legal/InfoSec processes needed to gain approval for a specific technology
- Work as the intermediary between any external Technology Vendors and the internal FedEx Legal/InfoSec departments
- Identify and collaborate with additional FDX working groups who are working on similar initiatives
- Keep up-to-date on the latest trends, methodologies and tools related to technology concepts
- Interface with industry organization working on similar concepts
- Manages IT activities of both external and internal resources to ensure that projects meet established deadlines
- Manages project relations and communications between business and technical members, developing and executing project management plan
- Plans and coordinates activities in order to ensure project goals are met within defined scope, time, and cost constraints
- Facilitates stakeholder analysis to ensure requirement definition alignment with project scope, works closely with business partners to define business requirements and align projects with overall company strategic objectives
- Performs project communication planning, information distribution, progress reporting, and overall project administration
- Proactively identifies and plans for potential risks, builds contingency plans, and takes action to mitigate risks
- Bilingual (Spanish) communication skills preferred as this role will collaborate with the FedEx Cross Border tech Team in Lima, Peru
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
Bachelor’s degree/equivalent. At least two (2) experience working in an E-Commerce environment with knowledge of the E-Commerce industry. Demonstrated experience developing technology solutions or providing project management or project support. Ability to understand both business and technology development issues. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with internal stakeholders and leadership teams. Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders.
FedEx Trade Networks provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Trade Networks Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Trade Networks Transport and Brokerage, Inc. is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FTN will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Trade Networks will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.