IT Project Manager
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-99456
Job Title: IT Project Manager
Job Requisition #: RC113593
10040 18th Street N.
St Petersburg, United States
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Family: FTN: Ecommerce Professional
General Summary This individual will be responsible for working with the Cross Border Tech Team to identify new technology, tools, software, or services that the company would like to begin utilizing. Once a specific technology has been identified, this party will be solely responsible for working with Cross Border Leadership, the Technology Vendor, Legal, and InfoSec – in order to gain approval of said technology. The individual will represent FedEx Cross Border business as a direct liaison to the Legal and InfoSec departments. This position will provide strategic project support for information technology teams to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and conform to quality standards while mitigating risks and constraints.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with FedEx Cross Border Leadership and Tech Team to understand any new technology/tools which require InfoSec and/or Legal approval
- Develop a close working relationship with direct points of contact in the Legal and InfoSec Teams
- Follow any Legal/InfoSec processes needed to gain approval for a specific technology
- Work as the intermediary between any external Technology Vendors and the internal FedEx Legal/InfoSec departments
- Identify and collaborate with additional FDX working groups who are working on similar initiatives
- Keep up-to-date on the latest trends, methodologies and tools related to technology concepts
- Interface with industry organization working on similar concepts
- Manages IT activities of both external and internal resources to ensure that projects meet established deadlines
- Manages project relations and communications between business and technical members, developing and executing project management plan
- Plans and coordinates activities in order to ensure project goals are met within defined scope, time, and cost constraints
- Facilitates stakeholder analysis to ensure requirement definition alignment with project scope, works closely with business partners to define business requirements and align projects with overall company strategic objectives
- Performs project communication planning, information distribution, progress reporting, and overall project administration
- Proactively identifies and plans for potential risks, builds contingency plans, and takes action to mitigate risks
- Bilingual (Spanish) communication skills preferred as this role will collaborate with the FedEx Cross Border tech Team in Lima, Peru
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
Bachelor’s degree/equivalent. At least two (2) experience working in an E-Commerce environment with knowledge of the E-Commerce industry. Demonstrated experience developing technology solutions or providing project management or project support. Ability to understand both business and technology development issues. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with internal stakeholders and leadership teams. Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders.
FedEx Trade Networks provides e-Commerce, freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions.
People–Service–Profit (P-S-P). We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for FedEx to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for our employees' well-being and value their contributions to the company.
We honor innovation, integrity and diversity. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our industry.
We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!