Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Dispatch Surface Transportation, Customer Service Representative
Requisition ID: RC42153-1
Job Title: Dispatch Surface Transportation, Customer Service Representative
Job Requisition Number: RC42153
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
3700 N. Commerce Drive
East Point, Georgia 30344
Posting Date: 2018-03-12
Job Posting End Date: 2018-03-30
The primary purpose of the position is to provide customers with the highest quality service by providing consistent customer service and resolution in order to ensure timely delivery and/or inbound or outbound movement of freight/cargo.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide customer service updates regarding the delivery of their shipments.
- Prepare, analyze, and/or submit delivery documentation to truckers in order to ensure they are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations relating to customs and transportation.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve problems that delay the release or delivery of cargo.
- Maintain relationships with correspondent truckers and other service providers to ensure that agents exceed the customer’s service requirements.
- Contact customers to obtain payment on delinquent accounts in conjunction with accounting department's efforts.
- Resolving billing issues, coordinating post entry activity on customer's behalf.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- High School diploma/equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of US Customs and other governmental agency laws, regulations and procedures governing the air/ocean import/export and freight forwarding industry.
- One and half years or more experience in CHB and freight forwarding preferred.
- Understanding of DOT regulations.
- Experience with classification and usage of NMFC.
- Experience with dispatching of drayage, cartage, Truckload or Less-than-Truckload freight.
- Strong customer service, organization, communication (written/oral) skills. proficient computer skills.
FedEx Trade Networks provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Trade Networks Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Trade Networks Transport and Brokerage, Inc. is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FTN will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Trade Networks will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.