Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Executive Assistant - Corporate Vice President
Requisition ID: RC43321
Job Title: Executive Assistant - Corporate Vice President
Job Requisition Number: RC43321
Memphis, Tennessee 38120
To perform secretarial and administrative duties for the Corporate Vice President which by nature of the superior's position involves high-level contacts and exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
- Executes various administrative details for the Corporate Vice President. Types reports and correspondence; maintains filing system/records, confidential records, budget/expense account records; and receives and assists visitors and telephone callers.
- Composes correspondence and reports for own or Corporate Vice President's signature.
- Performs clerical functions that require knowledge of general business and office procedures including making arrangements for and coordinating conferences and meetings; scheduling appointments and maintaining calendar; arranging business itineraries and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Sorts, reads and annotates incoming mail and documents and attaches appropriate file to facilitate necessary action; determines routing, signatures required, and maintains follow-up file.
- Maintains familiarity with department's projects and priorities and coordinates and maintains effective office procedures and efficient work flow. Tracks and monitors projects from request stage through distribution of final documents.
- Researches and gathers information and supporting data in preparation for meetings, work projects and reports as required.
- Takes action authorized during Corporate Vice President's absence and uses initiative and judgment to see that matters requiring attention are referred to delegated authority or handled in a manner so as to minimize the effect of Corporate Vice President's absence.
Job Specific Information:
This position will report to the Corporate Vice President of Security and will provide all aspects of administrative support to the Security department.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Prior experience working in a corporate security department
- Experience in interfacing with multiple levels of management
- Advanced PC skills, including proficiency with MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills
High school diploma/GED. CPS or one year of related college courses strongly preferred. Considerable amount (five years minimum) of related business experience. Typing proficiency, PC experience and ability to use Microsoft Office software. Good spelling, punctuation and basic grammar skills. Familiarity with/ability to operate office equipment. Ability to compose correspondence for superior's signature. Ability to prioritize mail and telephone calls for review/action. Excellent human relations and communications skills for interface with all levels of management.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is commited to diversifying its workforce.