Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Import Coordinator (CPA Dept.)
Requisition ID: RC55923
Job Title: Sr. Import Coordinator (CPA Dept.)
Job Requisition Number: RC55923
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
6050 Rockwell Road
Anchorage, Alaska 99502
Posting Date: 2018-04-16
Job Posting End Date: 2018-04-27
This position is responsible for any of the various tasks listed as assigned. Provides FedEx Express and their customers the required entry services and promotes exceptional customer service by securing relationships with Express and their customers. Facilitates all necessary entry processing and cage functions to secure release of shipments in a timely and accurate manner according to CBP and OGA regulations and time frames. Paid training is provided.
- Serves as the primary link between FedEx Express and FedEx Trade Networks (FTN) for account/ shipment specific issues.
- Completes various audit activities, including complex EWSR's, high duty, ABIi warnings, ABI errors, census rejects, high-entered value, duty verification and any other tasks that fall under the FTN Transport & Brokerage audit functions, FDA audits, ABI errors and ABI warnings.
- Records and tracks complex audit issues to initiate corrective action. This includes working with FedEx Trade Networks, FDA, tech services and quality assurance groups.
- Sorts and assigns departmental incoming work and monitor daily workflow to ensure regulatory timeframes are met. Failure to meet these timeframes could cost the company and our customer dollars in potential liquidated damages and additional duty. Refer potential major problems to the manager.
- Corresponds in writing or by telephone with shippers, clients, and customs or other governmental agencies at all levels regarding required documentation to resolve issues that could result in millions of dollars in liquidated damages or additional duty if left unresolved.
- Researches and writes claims and protests to Customs and Border Protection (CBP) on behalf of FTN, FedEx, and their customers to resolve issues related to the payment of duties, taxes and valuation.
- Obtain refunds or tender duties and process in FTN online billing application in conformance with FedEx billing procedures.
- Gathers information from FedEx/FTN systems for distribution and report building.
- Produces operational and trend reports for management distribution.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Three (3) years of business experience required, including two (2) years of related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of CBP and other government regulations and tariff schedules, general import procedures and systems preferred.
- Ability to work in a time sensitive environment with a high level of accuracy and productivity.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to work in a windows environment.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
Monday thru Friday 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM (subject to change)
Tuesday thru Saturday 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM (subject to change)
FedEx Trade Networks provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Trade Networks Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Trade Networks Transport and Brokerage, Inc. is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FTN will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Trade Networks will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.