Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Import Coordinator (Gardena)
Requisition ID: RC62985-1
Job Title: Import Coordinator (Gardena)
Job Requisition Number: RC62985
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
17210 S Main St
Gardena, California 90248
Posting Date: 2018-05-17
Job Posting End Date: 2018-05-24
This position is responsible for any of the various tasks listed as assigned. Decision making for release related tasks, assigning work to the appropriate queue for proper entry processing, live/quota entries, FDA/FWS entries, scrolling, voids/deletes and voluntary entries utilizing computer skills in a windows environment. Paid training is provided.
- Maintains uniform business practices and procedures to ensure compliance with Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) and other government agency (OGA) laws and regulations and according to FedEx Express expectations.
- Analyzes documentation provided to determine that harmonized tariff number and whether the shipment qualifies for special tariff treatment, NAFTA, reduced duty rates and ensures all government agency regulations are followed. Also ensures that the required information is submitted or transmitted electronically.
- Completes the classification of imported merchandise by determining the proper tariff classification and associate duty rate, and calculating the entered value using FedEx Trade Networks Transport & Brokerage and FedEx systems.
- Contact customers to resolve classifications questions or to obtain government documentation required for entry.
- Completes the release and classification processing of each aged shipment after obtaining all missing information or documentation or move to the proper queue for processing.
- Answers inquiries by FedEx Express and FedEx Express customers about the clearance status of any shipment.
- Accesses the internet, FedEx systems for customer databases, spreadsheets and manifest scrolling. Communicates with customers, CBP and other government agencies in order to obtain information necessary for release.
- Analyzes and researches unapplied cash and non-payments by using accounting systems (ODG) and mainframe application 74.
- Makes necessary adjustments to the FedEx account as requested by management.
- Processes all monthly and additional invoices that need to be sent out to FedEx Express.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Two (2) years of business experience required, which includes one (1) year of related business experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of CBP regulations and harmonized tariff as well as OGA regulations preferred.
- Ability to analyze data and information.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a time sensitive atmosphere.
- Strong organizational skills to allow for completing multiple duties and meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
FedEx Trade Networks provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Trade Networks Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Trade Networks Transport and Brokerage, Inc. is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FTN will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Trade Networks will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.