Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Strategic Operations Technology Principal, Operations Planning and Technology
Requisition ID: RC63448
Job Title: Strategic Operations Technology Principal, Operations Planning and Technology
Job Requisition Number: RC63448
Category: Decision Science & Analytics
Memphis, Tennessee 38120
Provide technical expertise in strategic technology initiatives that are critical to the long term success of FedEx. These initiatives include development of new capabilities in advanced and emerging technologies space, usually involving participation of two or more FedEx operating companies. Duties include providing technical input in assessment and application of advanced/emerging technologies (e.g., autonomous vehicles, robotics). In addition, this includes planning, execution and testing of implementation of emerging technologies in FedEx operations by working with technology developers, suppliers, and operations.
Job Specific Information:
- Drives key strategic initiatives related to emerging technologies (e.g., autonomous vehicles, robotics, artificial intelligence, big data, and internet of things) by providing technical expertise / consultation during planning, development and testing phases
- Lead or participate in strategic / technical discussions and collaborate in the creation of new ideas / roadmap for future development with cross functional teams, suppliers, vendors, technology developers and operations
- Provide data collection and analytical expertise to inform technology, design, and operations decisions
- Lead testing activities including test plans and documentation
- Monitor and assess implications of technological, regulatory, cybersecurity, and public acceptance advancements
- Keep abreast of industry / competitive trends, technologies and best practices
- Publish / present technical reports and / or pursue Intellectual property rights.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Knowledge of a broad set of advanced technologies and their applications for transportation and logistics systems. Examples of technologies include robotics, connected and autonomous vehicles, artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, Internet-of-Things.
- Experience in leading strategic, high-visibility projects, including independently developing executive-level presentations and updates.
- Experience in Design Thinking and Agile/Scrum methodologies , including concept validation / prototype development and testing
- Experience in transportation and logistics a plus
- Experience with data collection and analysis
Domicile / Relocation Information:
- This position will be located in Memphis, Tennessee. Relocation assistance is available.
- Bachelor's degree/equivalent in robotics, computer science, engineering, information systems, or related discipline. Master's degree or related professional designation preferred.
- Seven years of experience in providing innovative thinking in advanced technology, operations and design perspectives, and vision in practical business environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in implementation of emerging technologies, specifically advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), autonomous vehicles and/or robotics.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, human relations and communication skills especially with a diverse group of team members including technicians, software and hardware engineers, managers and executives (technical and non-technical groups).
Application Criteria / Deadline:
- Upload current copy of Resume and answer job screening questions by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on June 4, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.