Sr. Attorney II
Requisition ID: RC69914
Job Title: Sr. Attorney II
Job Requisition Number: RC69914
Memphis, Tennessee 38120
To provide legal counsel and advice to the corporation and its subsidiaries to ensure their effective operation in accordance with federal, state, local and/or international laws.
Job Specific Information:
This position is for a Senior Compliance Attorney reporting to the Staff Director – Network Integrity and will be a member of the Corporate Integrity & Compliance group within the FedEx Legal Department. The attorney will have day-to-day responsibility for, among other things, managing, coordinating, and overseeing enterprise compliance with global antitrust/competition laws, as well as supporting the Corporate Integrity & Compliance group in the implementation and management of related compliance programs.
The attorney will, among other things:
- Assist the Corporate Integrity & Compliance group, as appropriate, with overall implementation and management of Corporate Integrity & Compliance programs, with a primary emphasis on antitrust and anticompetitive behavior. Develop training materials and training programs for anticompetition and related topics.
- Remain abreast of laws, regulations, best practices and trends related to FedEx’s compliance programs and government enforcement actions related to antitrust, anticompetition and compliance generally. Advise the Staff Director – Network Integrity and the Global Chief Compliance and Governance Officer (CCGO) of emerging compliance issues. Make recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Actively provide consultative support and advice to management and employees in the US and the international regions about the FedEx Integrity & Compliance Programs.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Knowledge and experience in global antitrust/competition law, particularly as it relates to large multinational corporations.
- Knowledge and experience with multinational corporate compliance programs, including experience working with international locations and handling international antitrust/competition-related issues.
- Excellent organizational, communications, project management and human relations skills.
Juris doctorate degree from an A.B.A. accredited law school and admission to the bar. At least eight years of experience and demonstrated competence as a practicing attorney in relevant area of law. Superior academic record. Ability to determine appropriateness of settlement or litigation. Excellent research and writing skills. Strong negotiation, human relations and communications skills.
This position is domiciled in Memphis, TN. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply for this position, upload current copy of resume and answer screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on July 2, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.