Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Intern Rev Management
Requisition ID: RC33455
Job Title: Intern Rev Management
Job Requisition Number: RC33455
Harrison, Arkansas 72601
This is a 10-week assignment for students pursuing a college degree. Assignments are directly related to intern's academic degree. Under direct Supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of Organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx.
High school graduate or equivalent. Student has completed at least two years toward a college degree. Enrollment as undergraduate or graduate student in accounting, finance, business, economics, supply chain management, information science, information systems, information technology, computer science, statistics, analytics, or other related majors.
Under close supervision, the successful candidate may assist with providing analytical support to drive efficiency, consistency and control throughout current business initiatives. The intern may assist with industry market research, global business intelligence, and emerging trends analysis. The intern will analyze specific business metrics and research/analyze data, industry trends, and market information to gain insight into transportation and logistics metrics in identified industry verticals.
Responsibilities may include assisting with one or more of the following:
- Consult with work streams by providing project management best practices to the project teams.
- Plan and facilitate meetings.
- Manage projects.
- Conduct analysis related to global revenue optimization and demand forecasting.
- Perform analysis and provide recommendations on data extraction and use in the FedEx costing methodologies and the FedEx Express transportation network.
- Extract and analyze data as well as forecast revenue and volume trends.
- Knowledge or experience with one or more of the following: data analytics, process engineering, forecasting/modeling, strategy planning, and the transportation/logistics industry.
- Experience in analytical/quantitative business, operations, economics, or engineering.
- Working knowledge in project management, data mining, forecasting, SQL, SAS, Java, C/C++, HTML web design, advanced Excel (PivotTables, vlookup, VBA), VB.NE, 3rd or 4th generation computer languages, UNIX, and/or RDBMS.
- Project management skills (Ideally with knowledge of the project management process and understanding of project management tools, such as Primavera P6).
- Knowledge of Agile and the Scaled Agile Framework.
- Experience with program and project dashboards and project estimation tools such as SLIM.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communications, and analytical skills, including experience with Access and Excel.
- Enrollment in graduate level degree program in Business, Management, Operations Management, Supply Chain/Logistics, Operations Research, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Analytics, Engineering, Technology, Math, or related major.
- Ideally, plans to graduate within 12 months of completing the internship and begin full-time employment.
Resume should include the following information:
- College address and permanent home address.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing and any previous undergraduate or graduate degrees:
- Name of college/university.
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate).
- Major and/or minor.
- Overall GPA.
- Major GPA.
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year).
- Interviews typically occur October-January.
- Offers are typically extended October-February.
- Internship occurs early June-mid-August.
This position can be domiciled in the Harrison, Arkansas area.
Relocation assistance not available
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is commited to diversifying its workforce.