Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Paralegal, Employment Litigation
Requisition ID: 26086-291773
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Legal/Regulatory
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaging candidate to work with our Litigation, Labor and Employment legal team in its efforts to proactively support FedEx Office and handle traditional litigation and project matters. This position will focus primarily on the Company’s administrative charge and litigation docket, while also working directly with internal and external customers and clients on cross-departmental projects, internal compliance projects, and other related work as needed and assigned.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Perform legal research, analysis and summary of complex reports for review by an attorney
- Coordinates and supervises the preparation of legal documents and coordinates with the attorneys in representation of the corporation
- Drafts complex legal documents and correspondence for review and approval by attorneys
- Provides timely responses to requesting departments and assists outside counsel as requested
- Maintains activity log to ensure prompt action by the appropriate corporate department
- Assists attorneys in planning, organizing, coordinating and tracking programs and projects associated with various legal matters.
- Works with all departments in the corporation to ensure timely handling and completion of the company’s legal activities.
- Assists in the development and training of entry-level paralegals.
- Conducts training programs for management and company personnel regarding legal issues.
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Paralegal training and certification required, preferably from an ABA accredited institution
- 5+ years of paralegal experience in a law firm or corporate legal department
- Proficient in computer PC skills, including but not limited to MS Office including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and the Internet
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Strong organization, human relation and communication skills
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must have received a Satisfactory or above on last performance appraisal
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.