Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Process Improvement Advisor
Requisition ID: 26086-291774
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Engineering
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
The Process Improvement Advisor leads the application of advanced improvement methods within the FXO manufacturing network utilizing Quality Driven Management (QDM) to achieve quantifiable business performance gains. This position will manage and coordinate the accomplishment of large scale process improvement and systems management projects. Provides mentoring, training, and developmental support for the FXO manufacturing network. The Process Improvement Advisor is an expert in Lean Manufacturing methodologies and interacts with various stakeholders and cross functional partners to support execution of major retail and sales projects by vetting network capabilities. .
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Facilitates planning exercises with management to develop a breakthrough vision for continuous improvement and an annual plan for events and initiatives to meet annual improvement priorities.
- Supports the Manufacturing Network as the interface for network wide distributed print work and its execution readiness.
- Coordinates development of audits and evaluation plans (5S, system usage, SOP reviews, etc). Works with district and center managers and senior managers to transition ownership and follow-up on on-going usage and enhancement to ensure completion.
- Develops and conducts presentations to senior leadership as required to communicate the scope and impact of lean initiatives.
- Provides regular reports to the regional and district management on project status, timelines, and developments.
- Leads and participates in cross-site best-practice sharing and standardization sessions to drive a common standard and improved performance across FXO manufacturing network locations while partnering with multiple cross-functional stakeholders including Operations, Sales, Finance and Technology.
- Acts as subject matter expert in lean principles and provides mentoring and developmental support for the business unit employees.
- Develops formal, informal and on the job training course materials such as lesson plans, information sheets, technical charts and graphs, slides, posters, exams, etc. in the field of continuous improvement.
- Conducts formal, informal, and on the job training in continuous improvement and/or manufacturing operations. Performs administrative and special assignments as assigned.
- Minimize waste by analyzing the production processes for “Critical to Quality (CTQ)” drivers while reducing cost and cycle times, and improving overall quality.
- Design optimum workflow process in the manufacturing facilities and facilitate process integration with strategic partners, suppliers and vendors as needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Business or equivalent experience
- Masters preferred
- 3+ years’ experience leading process improvements for Manufacturing, preferably in the printing, packaging and document management industry
- 3+ years’ experience in LEAN / Six Sigma / 5S practices, methodologies and tools
- Ability to influence and lead large project teams, Project Management experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective business partnerships and to collaborate effectively
- High level of proficiency with MS Access, MS Word, MS Project, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Ability to think strategically both short and long term
- Excellent oral, written, problem solving, analytical, and interpersonal communication skills
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to sit, stand, and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis to read and interpret documents, computer monitors, and written/verbal instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation, instruction, and persuasion
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial time pressure
- Ability to perform the General Duties and Responsibilities set forth above in a consistent and efficient manner
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.