Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 26086-291953
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Sourcing/Procurement
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
The Sourcing Advisor position supports the strategic sourcing team through developing and conducting complex financial modeling associated with RFx activities, including conducting ad-hoc sourcing events and buying activities. The Sourcing Advisor role also maintains the sourcing category database, including interfacing with other departments and Opco’s for relevant activities.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Develop and conduct RFI/RFP/RFQ’s and driving projects through FedEx Office sourcing methodology processes
- Conduct ad-hoc buying activities
- Maintain and continuously improve category database utilized by strategic sourcing team
- Conduct sourcing category relevant analytics working with category owners in developing cost modeling and savings projections
- Perform cost benefit analysis for key project deliverables
- Serve as lead on internal and cross OpCo data requests and provide required reporting
- Review contracting requests; determine placement, determining resource requirements and make recommendations to management team
- Provide input and support in the implementation of supplier products and services
- Effectively use metrics to track project progress, identify issues, and make decisions and improvements
- Assist business owners to facilitate design and deployment of programs specific to the project
- Represent Strategic Sourcing on various project workstreams
- Ensure accuracy of pricing, including within purchasing and accounting systems
- Support environmental objectives and policies
- Support supplier diversity initiatives and attainment of goals
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors degree equivalent experience
- 2-3 years supplier management experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Expert Microsoft Excel and/or database skills
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and mange changing targets and goals
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.