Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Print Production Assistant Manager
Requisition ID: 26086-295485
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Operations
Region: 033 : CPCs
Address Line 1: 700 W MISSISSIPPI AVE
Address Line 2: Ste D4
Zip Code: 80223
At FedEx Office, we help transform ideas from digital to physical by enabling customers to print and ship what, when and where they want—with the peace of mind that is expected of FedEx. FedEx Office supports thousands of organizations with our state-of-the-art printing network and distribution system.
The Production Assistant Manager is expected to lead and develop team members in their growth, career development, as well as, the participation and presentment of regional and district programs for their own developmental growth.
The Production Assistant Manager is responsible for leading a team in operational issues, priority setting, and business planning.
We are looking for applicants with management experience who are not afraid to take on high visibility roles in a large volume print production facility.
This person would be able to effectively communicate the Denver Plant’s overall vision while fostering team member involvement in finding creative ways to improve our job and model the way for the team to achieve our goals.
We are looking for someone to complement our current leadership team by providing strong strategic and tactical support.
Our “promote from within atmosphere” motivates our team members to achieve unsurpassed success, while our "listen to everyone" strategy encourages new ideas that benefit everyone from our team to our customers.
FedEx Office is always looking for diverse, imaginative professionals to create meaningful plans that positively affect our community, the environment and our customers. We offer long term growth, flexible schedules, medical, dental and vision, 401K with 100% match after 1 year (up to 5% of pay) and tuition reimbursement.
Shift: 4pm - Midnight
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
• Manage center in the absence of the center manager
• Lead major center business unit which involves supporting customers, managing team members, operational issues, monitoring and facilitating all production processes including the tracking, pick-up and delivery and quality check processes
• Interview job applicants ensuring compliance of all company hiring policies; assist center manager with the hiring of team members
• Plan, organize and direct the activities of team members
• Evaluate the efficiency and productivity of team members by establishing performance standards and objectives and assist the center manager with conducting regular performance appraisals
• Assist team members in goal setting and skill development
• Provide feedback on disciplinary actions and administer Positive Discipline after review by manager
• Provide work leadership on assigned shifts
• Provide performance related feedback on team members to the center manager
• Provide training and coaching to team members on assigned shifts
• Perform manager functions and administrative tasks
• Ensure that work produced by team members is in accordance with company standards
• Ensure adequate supplies are available to produce requested orders
• Monitor and comply with quality control procedures
• Responsible for ensuring quality during and after production process
• Ensure communication among shifts
• All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent education
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2+ years of high-volume document reproduction experience or quality controls
• 1+ year of related experience
• Prior experience of FXO products & services offerings preferred
• Commercial print environment experience preferred
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
• For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
• Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
• Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.