Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Loss Prevention Data Analyst
Requisition ID: 26086-296286
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Security
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
The Loss Prevention Data Analyst is an integral part of the Security & Loss Prevention team. This role is responsible for monitoring available data to minimize the losses experienced in FedEx Office locations from theft, fraud, shrink and any other form of loss. The Loss Prevention Data Analyst will support the field, corporate, and leadership teams by designing and maintaining systems and reports which aid in building cases initiated from internal or external sources. This position is high-paced and has broad exposure and scope which will require someone who can work independently and is a self-starter able to manage their work flow effectively.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Analyze, compile, organize and interpret data from multiple investigation resources and systems
- Conduct and assist with loss prevention assessments and investigations to detect areas of vulnerability or violations of company policies and procedures
- Develop, implement, validate, produce and distribute ad-hoc and recurring reports as well as provide informational and analytical support to Security & Loss Prevention Department leadership
- Participate in FedEx Office projects and initiatives involving corporate security and security impacting field operation locations
- Perform in-depth shipping account fraud and shipping claim investigations using data analysis and CCTV video
- Gather, write and review data extracts from multiple sources, and perform multi-layered analysis of fraudulent accounts and trends
- Identify limitations and opportunities based on data analysis and trends
- Gather data and create ad hoc reporting as requested and understand relationship between multiple data sources, and make decisions that balance historical data, current data and projected data.
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience working with business solutions with a variety of tools and documentation as a Business Analyst, Accounting, Finance, Program Management or similar role
- Prior experience in fraud Investigation or closely related field preferred
- Technical experience (SAS, SQL, Windows, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Share Point)
- Strong problem solver with demonstrated analytical experience
- Prior experience with writing queries and analyzing data patterns using reporting tools such as SAS, Teradata SQL, and Business Objects required
- Prior experience working with Analytical tools (Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, Visio, etc.)
- Prior experience working on large, multi-functional projects and the ability to logically present data, including to senior leadership
- Prior experience in problem solving and ability to work on unstructured problems/tasks and develop/lead analytical frameworks
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.