Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Learning Instructionl Designer
Requisition ID: 26086-296772
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Learning & Development
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
As a Learning Instructional Designer at FedEx Office, you will be part of a passionate team of Learning & Development professionals that seek to create and facilitate effective and engaging learning experiences leveraging creative design processes and using innovative development tools. The Learning Instructional Designer is focused on creating value to the organization and positively impacting the onboarding, performance and learning experiences of each and every team member. Through strong business partner consultation, you can bring your creativity, cutting edge technical know-how and passion for adult learning to create best in class learning programs and solutions.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strong business relationships through partner consultation to analyze needs/root causes, provide unique recommendations, design and develop best in class instructor-led training, courseware, online learning solutions and virtual instructor-led classes.
- Strong ability to accurately forecast and create detailed project plans and precisely execute against those plans.
- Design and implement effective measurement techniques for learning solutions that accurately measure the value or impact of the solution on business results.
- Engage in continuous learning about industry best practices, cutting-edge trends and approaches and integrate these approaches into learning solutions. This includes researching and benchmarking against other organizations.
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years working with instructional systems design principles and practices including adult learning theories, interactive training & learning design, learning design principles for both synchronous and asynchronous strategies, needs analysis, performance analysis, development and evaluation
- 2+ years training/facilitation experience preferred
- 2+ years project management/leadership experience preferred
- Prior experience with virtual learning environments, learning technology infrastructure and eLearning industry standards
- Prior experience consulting with others and ability to work in a collaborative environment with varied audiences (including corporate executives and subject matter experts)
- Prior experience working with graphic design, videography, and/or website development
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.