Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 26086-296812
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Retail
Region: 039 : Southern California
Address Line 1: 4360 E Main St
Address Line 2: Ste A
Zip Code: 93003
The District Manager is responsible for managing the overall operations and ensuring compliance of centers within the assigned district, including supervision of center managers and administration of center sales performance, profitability and customer experience objectives.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Achieve company objectives for district sales and profit performance; assist center managers with developing and monitoring budgets for each center within the district
- Provide leadership for each manager in the district to ensure a positive customer experience
- Monitor, manage and direct supervision of center managers to include responsibility for selection, hiring, development and new hire orientation procedures; may also participate in the selection of center team members as advisor to center managers as needed
- Ensure Assistant Manager and Center Manager bench planning in order to achieve and maintain district operational requirements
- Manage payroll, productivity and staffing in district against established performance standards and objectives
- Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Ensure execution on all people related initiatives (i.e., training, compensation approvals, climate survey follow up)
- Ensure execution of performance management process for all managers in the district to include annual performance appraisals, rewards and recognition as well as disciplinary procedures, up to and including termination of employment
- Participate in the Complaint Review process as immediate supervisor of assigned managers
- Ensure the maintenance of fiscal reporting procedures within managed centers including: accounts receivable, inventory reports, daily sales recaps, and daily bank deposits in full compliance with established company policies
- Ensure execution on monthly expectations and standards, strategies and action items
- Monitor installation and removal of equipment and machinery required for efficient production operations and for monitoring inventory levels of supplies and materials
- Ensure Federal/State Law safety, OFCCP and AAP requirements are established within assigned District. In addition, may be required to perform quarterly safety inspections of each center
- Ensure center managers within assigned District are consistently applying FedEx Office policies and procedures
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience in a retail environment
- 3+ years experience supervising 5 or more management-level team members preferred
- 3+ years of experience leading in a multi-unit work environment preferred
- Experience in revenue generation to include the ability to analyze income statements and take appropriate action
- Excellent time management skills to include prioritization of tasks, communication, execution to meet established deadlines
- Experience building and working with cross functional partners (HR, Recruiting, Security, Finance, Technology)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring.
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.