Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Center PUD Courier
Requisition ID: 26086-297032
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Courier/Tractor-Trailer Driver
Region: 059 : OPS-Transportation East
Address Line 1: 11621 S Cleveland Ave
Address Line 2: Ste 10
City: Fort Myers
Zip Code: 33907
M-F, 8AM - 4PM
Under general supervision, the Center Pick Up & Delivery (PUD) provides customer service activities related to picking up and delivery orders to and from FedEx Office centers and customer’s place of business. Responsibilities are accomplished by driving a company vehicle and ensuring that regular servicing and cleaning of vehicles is conducted. The PUD Courier will receive daily route information from a centralized dispatcher. The dispatcher will have the ability to add or remove stops from the route as needed. The PUD Courier may also be asked to perform other duties within a FedEx Office center, if there is a period of time where they are not assigned any pick-up/delivery activity.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Responsible for driving the company vehicle to perform pick-up/delivery service for FedEx Office centers and for customers
- Pick-up duties encompass driving to the customer’s place of business (or a FedEx Office store), receiving completed masters for photocopying orders and picking up supplies and inventory items from vendor’s place of business
- Delivery duties include delivering finished photocopy orders to customers (or a FedEx Office center) and distributing marketing materials as requested
- Receive daily route information from a centralized dispatcher via a company provided Nextel phone
- Responsible for the operation of company Vehicle according to applicable motor vehicle regulations, company policy and auto insurance guidelines
- Ensuring the proper upkeep and maintenance of the vehicle by conducting regular servicing and cleaning procedures
- Responsible for maintaining pick-up/delivery logs and vehicle maintenance logs to document duties performed
- Adhere to FedEx Office company and vehicle safety policies and guidelines
- Follow accident procedures and observe traffic laws
- Responsible for ensuring quality service is provided at each customer interaction by providing efficient and professional delivery service, answering customer questions, problem resolution and polite and caring transactions/interactions
- Responsible for performing additional duties within the center during non-delivery times
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Must be at least 21 years old and have a minimum of two years of driving experience
- Valid and current driver’s license
- Ability to comply with any specialized regulatory or licensing requirements, as determined by geographic location and/or work assignment; FedEx Office will communicate any specialized regulatory or licensing requirements during the hiring process
- Must meet and maintain the FedEx Office Motor Vehicle Requirements, to be audited annually
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
- Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.