Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Paralegal, Commercial Leases
Requisition ID: 26086-298389
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Legal/Regulatory
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
The Paralegal will provide assistance to the legal staff through the exercise of professional skill and expertise.
This position will support our Legal Real Estate team, working primarily with commercial leases.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Perform legal research, analysis and summary of complex reports for review by an attorney
- Assist attorneys in planning, organizing, coordinating and tracking programs and projects associated with various legal matters handled in the legal department
- Draft legal documents and correspondence between for review and approval of attorneys
- Responds to requests for information of other departments and prepares appropriate reports and memoranda
- Provides timely assistance to the company’s outside counsel as requested
- Conducts training programs for management and company personnel regarding legal issues
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Paralegal training and certification required, preferably from an ABA accredited institution
- 3+ years of paralegal experience in a law firm or corporate legal department
- Proficient in computer PC skills, including but not limited to MS Office including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and the Internet
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Strong organization, human relation and communication skills
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring, including successful passing of background check
- For current FedEx Office team members, must have received a Satisfactory or above on last performance appraisal
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 48 hours of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.