Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Plant Manager Tier 2
Requisition ID: 26086-299780
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Operations
Region: 033 : CPCs
Address Line 1: 1025 S Beltline Rd
Address Line 2: Ste 200
Zip Code: 75019
The Sr Plant Manager – Tier 2 is responsible for successfully managing the manufacturing and distribution of orders forwarded to the Tier 2 plant from FedEx Office center locations or other channels (e-commerce, etc.), to include print and signs and graphics; coordinate facility management to include supervision of the Digital Plant Manager, Signs and Graphics Manager and teams; exposure to facility strategy and planning; managing the business financials to varying demands; and ensuring overall business objectives are met.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Direct supervision of managers in manufacturing and signs and graphics plants, including responsibility for:
- Hiring of team members and monitoring new hire orientation procedures
- Training and evaluating the efficiency and productivity of team members by establishing performance standards and objectives; conducting regular Operations Reviews and Performance Appraisals and making recommendations for wage increase and promotions, when applicable; ensuring execution on all people related initiatives (i.e. bench planning, climate survey follow up)
- Initiating disciplinary procedures, as necessary, for team members, up to and including termination of employment
- Ensuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and company audits
- Ensuring a positive customer experience, to include business partners in the retail network
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets
- Manage process to minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of labor, equipment, facilities, materials and capital
- Meet business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards will exceed our customers’ expectations
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports strategic initiatives
- Accountable for problem solving and cost reduction
- Maintain and improve safety to ensure OSHA compliance standards are met
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of leading a high-volume manufacturing environment, including 3+ years of prior progressively responsible supervisory experience required
- Lean manufacturing knowledge preferred
- Proven ability to lead, direct and supervise
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to the meet the scheduling requirements of the management position, including regular, punctual attendance
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
FedEx Office is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, age, sex, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, medical condition, marital status, familial status, color, religion, uniformed service, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under local state or federal law.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our Team Members and customers. All candidates offered employment are required to meet the FedEx Office employment qualifications applicable at the time of hiring, including a post offer drug screen which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.