Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 26086-300062
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Region: 056 : OPS-Transportation PUD
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
The Centralized Dispatcher collects pick-up and delivery (PUD) requests from the FedEx Office Print Centers and FedEx Office Automated Document Factories across the nation and, using dispatch software, assign them to appropriate van/driver. The Centralized Dispatcher acts as the liaison between the courier and the customer once the PUD has been assigned to the specific courier and proactively communicates to the customer in case of any delays. The Dispatcher is the primary contact for the couriers when they are on the road and assists the couriers in case of van breakdown/accident.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan the routing and job scheduling of Couriers to pick-up and deliver orders from/to the customer, Office and Print Centers and Automated Document Facilities using a dispatch software
- Coordinate pick-up and delivery trquests using a third party vendor when the situation deems necessary
- Monitor current schedule of couriers to ensure workload balance; Conduct reassignments, as necessary, in case of breakdowns or interruptions
- Communicate all relevant details of the pick-up and/or delivery to the courier and customer to ensure proper execution
- Communicate with the customer to ensure awareness of all pick-up and/or delivery times and special instructions
- Handle customer concerns in an expeditious and professional manner; Escalate unresolved issues to management, as appropriate
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- 1+ year experience in dispatch, customer service and/or delivery
- Experience compiling and interpreting data
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Experience working in a Windows-based technical environment
- Experience using mobile phones (company provided) to communicate with couriers across the nation, as needed
- Must be willing to work in different shifts, as needed, to cover hours of normal operation
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.