Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 26086-300511
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Operations
Region: 033 : CPCs
Address Line 1: 5901 S 226th St
Zip Code: 98032
The Production Operator is required to perform many functions within the center, including, but not limited to, operating a wide variety of equipment, moving boxes and equipment, operating computers and computerized equipment, writing and filling out forms, sorting and collating papers, following instructions from supervisors, and communicating effectively with other team members. The Production Operator predominantly takes part in the production of print/copy/finish orders according to customer specifications (order details). This team member also maintains the production area and equipment.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
• Process and produce print/copy/finish orders as requested and/or directed
• Operate binding and other auxiliary equipment
• Perform all phases of equipment set-up, operation and routine maintenance
• Maintain equipment and supplies, to include cleaning and repairing
• Provide customer service, including problem solving to satisfy those needs with a minimum amount of supervision
• Produce work in accordance with LEAN manufacturing principles to enable Done Right On Time quality results
• Follow instructions of supervisors and assist other team members in performing center functions
• Maintain work area to 5S standards
• All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent education
• 6+ months of related experience required
• Prior experience of FXO products & services offerings preferred
• Commercial print environment experience preferred
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
• For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
• Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
• Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.