Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Shipping Representative I
Requisition ID: 26086-300799
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Warehouse & Distribution
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 300 Camarillo Ranch Rd
Zip Code: 93012
The Shipping Representative I performs various shipping and inventory responsibilities. The role uses available resources to meet warehouse operations expectations in a Team Member friendly environment. The position assists the Distribution Services Manager and Assistant Manager in meeting corporate and departmental goals.
Monday-Friday 7:00AM - 3:30PM, although schedule may vary depending on business need
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Perform duties such as picking, inventory replenishment, packing, cycle counts, truck loading/unloading and other warehouse work as assigned
- Adhere to all procedures and policies for FedEx Office Distribution Services (ODS) and FedEx Office (FXO), including standards related to speed, accuracy and other productivity measures
- Operate scanning equipment and may use other technology solutions to achieve established goals
- Attend daily operational meetings
- Maintain a clean and safe work area including the upkeep and operation of material handling equipment and company property
- Maintain safety standards and regulations set forth by OSHA, DOT, FXO's Safety Team and local requirements
- Provide feedback to Operations Management team and/or Shipping Rep II regarding warehouse operations, ideas to reduce waste and recycle and opportunities to improve overall efficiency
- Assist Shipping Representative II with the orientation and training of new coworkers to FedEx Office People, Service, Profit philosophy and FedEx Office Distribution Services (ODS) warehouse operations policies and procedures
- Attend assigned training including but not limited to compliance, fire safety, forklift training, new products and new equipment
- Maintain product knowledge in a changing environment where new products are regularly introduced
- Identify and report inaccuracies or discrepancies to a Shipping Representative II such as incorrect weights, dimensions, units of measure or case/item pack designations
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- 1+ years general work experience
- Proven team player able to contribute to problem solving situations
- Self-starter with good time management skills
- Experience with distribution center systems, operations, equipment, and workflow management preferred
- Microsoft Office application experience a plus
- Forklift certification a plus
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
- Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.