Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 26086-302303
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Retail
Region: 039 : Southern California
Address Line 1: 8471 Beverly Blvd
City: Los Angeles
Zip Code: 90048
The Center Manager is responsible for managing the overall operations at a mid-volume center, including supervision of team members and the administration of center sales performance, profitability and customer experience objectives.
General Duties and Responsibilities
This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Achieve company objectives for sales and profit performance and customer experience objectives within the Center
- Direct supervision of team members, including responsibility for:
- Hiring of all team members and monitoring new hire orientation procedures
- Training and evaluating the efficiency and productivity of team members by establishing performance standards and objectives; conducting regular Operations Reviews and Performance Appraisals and making recommendations for wage increases and promotions, when applicable; ensuring execution on all people related initiatives (i.e. bench planning, climate survey follow up)
- Initiating disciplinary procedures, as necessary, for team members, up to and including termination of employment
- Ensuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as immediate supervisor of team members
- Ensuring a positive customer experience
- Ensure the maintenance of fiscal reporting procedures within center, including accounts receivable, inventory reports, daily sales recaps, and daily bank deposits in full compliance with established company policies
- Monitor and direct marketing activities within center to achieve pre-established sales objectives including monthly marketing calendars, media advertising, specialized sales, in-store signage, etc
- Recommend equipment and machinery required for efficient production operations and for monitoring inventory level of supplies and materials
- Ensure Federal/State Law safety requirements are established within center. In addition, may be required to perform quarterly safety inspections of center
- Ensure team members within center are consistently applying FedEx Office Policies and Procedures
- Ensure center cleanliness and execution of internal processes
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of related retail experience, including 1+ years of prior progressively responsible supervisory experience required
- Advanced level of reading, writing and mathematical ability
- Proven ability to lead, direct and supervise
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.