Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Construction Project Mgr
Requisition ID: 26086-304375
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Property Development
Region: 041 : South Central
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
The Construction Project Manager manages assigned remodels and associated program rollouts of FedEx Office centers. The Project Manager also manages multiple outside vendors through the feasibility, design and construction phases of retail store remodel efforts. This includes budgeting, space plan approval, construction documents, permitting, fixture/furniture/equipment procurement, competitive bidding, program installation (construction), and project closeout.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Review and coordinate due diligence of each project with assigned Regional Design Manager, Field & Corporate Sourcing Regional Manager, Operation, Retail Merchandising, etc
- Create and issue capital and expense projections for each assigned project
- Maintain accurate dates, files and information on web based project management system to ensure Document Retention Policies are adhered to
- Coordinate request for proposal (RFP)/Bid process for each project/rollout and assures accuracy of all received bids
- Verify project deliverables via punch-list and associated Project Close-Out requirements
- Report purchase order (PO) receipts associated with construction efforts to properly account for assets and financial requirements
- Conduct program/project feedback meetings to constantly improve overall program execution
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, Real Estate or equivalent experience
- 2 + years’ experience managing the design and/or construction of "small box" retail stores or related experience
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Experience with "on-line" project management preferred.
- Capability to travel up to 50%
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.