Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Pickup & Delivery Foot Courier
Requisition ID: 26086-304558
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Courier/Tractor-Trailer Driver
Region: 059 : OPS-Transportation East
Address Line 1: 21 Astor PL
City: New York
State: New York
Zip Code: 10003
M-F, 7AM - 3PM
Under general supervision, the Pick Up & Delivery Foot Courier provides customer service activities by picking up and delivering orders to and from FedEx Office centers and customer’s place of business. Responsibilities primarily are accomplished by traversing the city, by foot or mass transit when necessary, to pick up and deliver orders. The ability to walk and stand continuously during shift is required for this position. The Pick Up and Delivery Foot Courier will receive daily route information from a centralized dispatcher via a hand held device. The dispatcher will have the ability to add or remove stops from the route as needed. The Pick Up and Delivery Foot Courier may also be asked to perform other duties within a FedEx Office center, if there is a period of time where they are not assigned any pick-up/delivery activity.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Responsible for walking or taking mass transit to perform pick-up/delivery service for FedEx Office centers and for customers.
- Pick-up duties encompass walking or taking mass transit to the customer’s place of business (or a FedEx Office store), receiving orders or packages and picking up supplies and inventory items from vendor’s place of business.
- Delivery duties include delivering finished orders or packages to customers (or a FedEx Office center) and distributing marketing materials as requested.
- Ensure packages conform to FedEx Office and general FedEx features of service, proper labeling is provided, and all paperwork is complete, neat, and accurate. This specifically includes ensuring that all packages requiring special handling or transportation are properly packed and labeled so that such packages can be transported in accordance with established safety and regulatory procedures.
- Receive daily route information from a centralized dispatcher via a company-provided handheld data device/phone.
- Ensure the proper upkeep and maintenance of company-issued equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining pick-up/delivery logs in the event of failure of handset used for package logging.
- Adhere to FedEx Office company and safety policies and guidelines.
- Follow accident and injury procedures and observe all traffic laws, signals and signs, including street signs, pedestrian crossings and signals.
- Responsible for ensuring quality service is provided at each customer interaction through efficient and professional delivery service.
- Answer customer questions and assist in problem resolution through polite and caring transactions/interactions.
- Responsible for performing additional duties within an assigned retail center during non-delivery times.
- All other duties as needed, assigned, or required.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- 2+ years customer service and/ or delivery experience
- This position requires continuous standing and walking during shift.
- Extensive and detailed knowledge of the applicable metropolitan area.
- Extensive and detailed knowledge of all applicable public transportation systems within the applicable metropolitan area.
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook.
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods.
- Ability to walk continuously in the metropolitan area for entirety of shift, excluding meal and rest periods or otherwise as required by law.
- Ability to determine and navigate the most efficient routes in the market (i.e. by foot, by subway, etc.).
- Ability to remain alert and prepared at all times.
- Ability to carry up to 25 pounds for more than half of the assigned shift.
- Ability to move and lift 55 pounds.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to grip, lift, push, pull, and carry messenger type bags and/or wheeled, plastic bins over, up and down inclines, stairs, changes in walking surfaces and elevations.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position and customer requirements.
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.