Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Transportation Safety Manager
Requisition ID: 26086-304578
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Safety
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
The Transportation Safety Manager (TSM) is responsible for the development and leadership of all aspects of FedEx Office (FXO) transportation related courier/ fleet safety and compliance programs. The TSM partners closely with Transportation Operations to ensure compliance to all federal, state, and local regulatory agencies for the protection and preservation of our team members, fleet, and the public. Creates programs, and execution roadmaps to drive safety performance within our growing organization, and develops safety strategies to support new product offerings.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Promotes a “Safety above All” culture
- Leads and oversees all aspects of development, implementation, standardization, and management of the company’s Transportation- related safety compliance programs, including driver qualification files, drug/alcohol programs, accident review, etc.
- Provides team leadership via effective communication, coaching, training, and development of Safety department team members
- Analyzes safety, regulatory, and operations trends, and identifies root causes to influence positive change
- Oversees and monitors safety/regulatory-related compliance, develops the case for accountability measures and works with Transportation Operations to drive correct safety behaviors.
- Administers policies relating to safety management, audits, and employee training
- Maintains a broad and thorough knowledge base across all regulatory areas and company policies. Ensures involvement of and communication with key business partners in Legal, Human Resources, and Risk Management to ensure process transparency and compliance.
- Builds solid relationships with the executive team and key company stakeholders to achieve, influence, and gain support of Safety initiatives. Engages partners at other FedEx operating companies to drive FXO participation and alignment.
- Reviews pending and upcoming changes to Federal & State trucking regulations (including DOT) to ensure the company is prepared for future compliance requirements
- Seeks out industry best practices and more effective and efficient methods to achieve operational excellence in incident prevention and regulatory compliance
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Transportation, Logistics, Business, Engineering, Communications, or related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ previous experience in transportation safety or related field in oversight of multiple processes, programs, and policies as it relates to safety and regulatory requirements.
- Management experience preferred.
- Preferred experience with Hazmat, Placarding, and DOT, as it pertains to requirements, regulations, and training.
- Professional certifications preferred (CSP, OSHA, etc.).
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word.
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex information.
- Presentation skills necessary to train and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, and industry trends related to safety management and prevention techniques, as well as compliance requirements.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.