Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Production Assistant Mgr - S&G
Requisition ID: 26086-307779
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Operations
Region: 033 : CPCs
Address Line 1: 2720 Prosperity Ave
Zip Code: 22031
The Production Assistant Manager – Signs & Graphics (S&G) is required to assist in leading the Signs & Graphics Production Center, a major business unit. This includes decision making involving customers, team members, operational issues, business planning, priority setting, creating staff schedules, team member performance appraisals, and compliance with company policies. The Production Assistant Manager – S&G is also required to perform all functions normally performed by the Production Operator – S&G, Production Specialist – S&G and Production Lead Coordinator – S&G.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
• Manage center in the absence of the center manager
• Lead major center business unit, which involves supporting customers, managing team members, operational issues, monitoring and facilitating all production processes including the tracking, pick-up and delivery and quality check processes
• Interview job applicants ensuring compliance of all company hiring policies; assist center manager with the hiring of team members
• Plan, organize and direct the activities of team members
• Evaluate the efficiency and productivity of team members by establishing performance standards and objectives and assists the center manager with conducting regular performance appraisals
• Assist team members in goal setting and skill development
• Provide feedback on disciplinary actions and administer Positive Discipline after review by manager
• Provide work leadership on assigned shifts
• Provide performance related feedback on team members to the center manager
• Provide training and coaching to team members on assigned shifts
• Perform manager functions and administrative tasks
• Ensure that work produced by team members is in accordance with company standards
• Ensure adequate supplies are available to produce requested orders
• Monitor and comply with quality control procedures
• Responsible for ensuring quality during and after production process
• Ensure communication among shifts
• All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent education
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 1+ year of related experience preferred
• 1+ year supervisory experience preferred
• Prior experience of FXO products & services offerings preferred
• Commercial print environment experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
• For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
• Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
• Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.